Yoga Instructor Catherine Carr
Welcome to my web site.
My name is Catherine Carr and I am a qualified yoga, pregnancy yoga and baby massage instructor . I am also qualified as a GentleBirth instructor and a reflexologist.
I have been teaching classes in Ashbourne for over 16 years. I offer a large range of classes suitable for all levels. Classes are held in a private room in The Pillo Hotel Ashbourne.
As I teach the yoga classes myself, I can offer individual attention and have time to get to know my yoga members. I love teaching and feel passionate about introducing members to all the elements of yoga.
The location and environment of the classes is extremely important to me. The room is always quiet, warm and cosy, with dim lights and gentle music. A perfect place to relax and unwind. Plenty of space is always available to stretch out on your mat and to have space between yourself and other members.
There is a limited number of spaces available for all classes. Please book your place early. Chairs, yoga mats, pilate balls and bands are available to use at the classes.
I offer classes for all levels from stressed executives and busy mums to sprightly seniors and even young babies. Everyone is made welcome and encouraged to work at a pace that suits their individual’s needs. The classes are kept informative and interesting. Meditation, mindfulness and relaxation are included in all the classes.
I offer both morning and evening classes, and have the facility for members to move between classes to suit their schedule. There is no penalty for missed classes and arrangements to carry over a missed class or attend on a different time can be arranged. No classes on bank holiday’s.
A number of my members have being attending my classes since I started teaching in 2002. I find my classes fill up very quickly not just from advertising but especially from word of mouth. My yoga members are made up of all ages and come from all walks of life.
- Dip. Yoga (2002) Hatha yoga
- Dip.Pregnancy Yoga (Birthlight 2006) www.birthlight.com
- Dip Kids Yoga (YTTC) (2008)
- KI Massage Therapist
- Hypnobirthing Teacher – The Marie Mongan Method . www.hypnobirthing.com
- Dip. Fitness Instructor
- First Aid . Level 5 FETAC (March 2010 & March 2012)
- Dip. Meditation. (YTTC ) 2011
- Dancing for Birth (July 2011) www.dancingforbirth.com
- Certified GentleBirth Instructor 2018 . www.gentlebirth.com
- Baby Massage Certification Course with The International Association of Infant Massage and Baby Massage Ireland ( 2011)https://www.babymassageireland.com/
- Reiki : levels 1 , 2 & 3
- Mum & Toddle Yoga : Birthlight Uk. ( 2013)
- Indian Head Massage – Obus Training ( 2013)
- Reflexology : ITEC . MNRRI. Trained in Obus Therapy Centre Leixlip.
- Maternity & Post Natal Reflexology - 2014. Also Post Graduate certificate 2019
- Fertility Reflexology 2014. Also Post Graduate certificate July 2019
- I am a member of The National Register of Reflexologists of Ireland. (MNRRI since 2013 – )
- Baby Reflexology Certificate – March 2017
- I have also attended workshops and training in:
- HypnoBirthing training with Marie Mongan (2006)
- Doula Training with Tracy Donegan (2007)
- The use of water for labour and birth worshop for Midwives & doulas (2008)
- Acupressure techniques for pregnancy and labour with Debra Betts (November 2009)
- The therapeutic use of Aromatherapy in Pregnancy,Childbirth and Puerperium. Obus (January 2010)
- Baby Wearing Consultant Foundation Course – Trageschule 2011
- The Use of Pilates Balls & bands during Pregnancy for pelvic and back care: Wendy Teasdill – Dublin July 2012
- The Physicality of Birth Study Day with Noreen Hart – Doula Association of Ireland 14 October 2012
- The Therapeutic use of Aromatherapy for Qualified Therapists – Obus ( July 2015)
- Spinning Babies Training with Jennifer Walker – . 22nd May 2016. - Getting baby into the most favorable position for a shorter easier labour and birth. www.spinningbabies.com
- Gentle Birth Training. November 2017 – March 2018 . www.gentlebirth.com
- Post Natal Pelvic Floor Workshop with Leah Bryans ( Pelvic Floor Specialist) 24th March 2019
EXPERIENCE TO DATE.
I have over twenty years experience in the health industry in which I taught aerobics, step aerobics, body toning and circuit training classes. I started teaching Hatha Yoga in Ashbourne in 2002 after training as a yoga teacher. I have since trained in pregnancy yoga, meditation, massage and baby massage. As a result I can now offer a large selection of classes. My classes suit all levels of fitness. Classes are available in Ashbourne.
I have three children all born in the Rotunda. My hobbies include Yoga, walking, cycling and dancing.
I have also worked part time as a Doula (childbirth assistant) and I have had the great honour of attending ten
amazing births. Nine of these babies were born in Our Ladys Hospital in Drogheda and one a home birth.
Attending these births was an fantastic experience to see all the benefits of yoga, reflexology, hypnobirthing and aromatherapy work to enable mums to remain calm and focused all through their labours and births.
The last birth I assisted in was with my daughter Sharron on the 27th November 2018 in the MLU Drogheda where my little grandson Senan was born.
My experience as a pregnancy yoga teacher , a doula and a gentlebirth instructor is a real benefit to expectant mums in preparing them for the wonderful joy of motherhood. All antenatal information is covered during the Pregnancy yoga classes as well as yoga exercises and breathing / relaxation techniques.