Welcome to my web site. My name is Catherine Carr and I am a qualified yoga, pregnancy yoga and baby massage teacher. I am also a qualified reflexologist and massage therapist. I specialise in pregnancy reflexology and fertility reflexology.
As I teach the yoga classes myself, I can offer individual attention and have time to get to know my yoga members. I love teaching and feel passionate about introducing members to all the elements of yoga.
The location and environment of the classes is extremely important to me. The room is always quiet, warm and cosy, with dim lights and gentle music. A perfect place to relax and unwind. Plenty of space is always available to stretch out on your mat and to have space between yourself and other members.
There is a limited number of spaces available for all classes. Please book your place early. Chairs, yoga mats, pilate balls and bands are available to use at the classes.
I offer classes for all levels from stressed executives and busy mums to sprightly seniors and even young babies. Everyone is made welcome and encouraged to work at a pace that suits their individual’s needs. The classes are kept informative and interesting. Meditation, mindfulness and relaxation are included in all the classes.
I offer both morning and evening classes, and have the facility for members to move between classes to suit their schedule. There is no penalty for missed classes and arrangements to carry over a missed class or attend on a different time can be arranged. No classes on bank holiday’s .
A number of my members have being attending my classes since I started teaching in 2002. I find my classes fill up very quickly not just from advertising but especially from word of mouth. My yoga members are made up of all ages and come from all walks of life.
- Dip. Yoga (2002) Hatha yoga
- Dip.Pregnancy Yoga (Birthlight 2006) www.birthlight.com
- Dip Kids Yoga (YTTC) (2008)
- KI Massage Therapist
- Hypnobirthing Teacher – The Marie Mongan Method . www.hypnobirthing.com
- Dip. Fitness Instructor
- First Aid . Level 5 FETAC (March 2010 & March 2012)
- Dip. Meditation. (YTTC ) 2011
- Dancing for Birth (July 2011) www.dancingforbirth.com
- Baby Massage Certification Course with The International Association of Infant Massage and Baby Massage Ireland ( 2011)
- Reiki : levels 1 , 2 & 3
- Mum & Toddle Yoga : Birthlight Uk. ( 2013)
- Indian Head Massage – Obus Training ( 2013)
- Reflexology : ITEC . MNRRI. Trained in Obus Therapy Centre Leixlip.
- I am a member of The National Register of Reflexologists of Ireland. (MNRRI 2013 – )
- Baby Reflexology – March 2017
I have also attended workshops and training in:
- HypnoBirthing training with Marie Mongan (2006)
- Doula Training with Tracy Donegan (2007)
- The use of water for labour and birth worshop for Midwives & doulas (2008)
- Acupressure techniques for pregnancy and labour with Debra Betts (November 2009)
- The therapeutic use of Aromatherapy in Pregnancy,Childbirth and Puerperium. Obus (January 2010)
- Baby Wearing Consultant Foundation Course – Trageschule 2011
- The Use of Pilates Balls & bands during Pregnancy for pelvic and back care: Wendy Teasdill – Dublin July 2012
- The Physicality of Birth Study Day with Noreen Hart – Doula Association of Ireland 14 October 2012
- The Therapeutic use of Aromatherapy for Qualified Therapists – Obus ( July 2015)
- Spinning Babies Training with Jennifer Walker – . 22nd May 2016. - Getting baby into the most favorable position for a shorter easier labour and birth. www.spinningbabies.com
- Gentle Birth Training. November 2017 with Tracy Donegan. At moment working on my qualification to run gentle birth workshops.
EXPERIENCE TO DATE.
I have over twenty years experience in the health industry in which I taught aerobics, step aerobics, body toning and circuit training classes. I started teaching Hatha Yoga in Ashbourne in 2002 after training as a yoga teacher. I have since trained in pregnancy yoga, meditation, massage and baby massage. As a result I can now offer a large selection of classes. My classes suit all levels of fitness. Classes are available in Ashbourne .
I have three children all born in the Rotunda. My hobbies include Yoga, walking, cycling and dancing.
I have also worked part time as a Doula (childbirth assistant) and I have had the great honour of attending nine amazing l births. Eight of these babies were born in Our Ladys Hospital in Drogheda and one a home birth.
Attending these births was an fantastic experience to see all the benefits of yoga, reflexology, hypnobirthing and aromatherapy work to enable mums to remain calm and focused all through their labours and births.
The last birth I assisted in was with my daughter Yvonne on the 25th August 2017 in Drogheda where my little granddaughter Lucy was born.
My experience as a pregnancy yoga teacher and a doula is a real benefit to expectant mums in preparing them for the wonderful joy of motherhood. All antenatal information is covered during the Pregnancy yoga classes as well as yoga exercises and breathing / relaxation techniques.
Classes available : Yoga & Body Tone , Mindfulness, Pregnancy Yoga, Birth Preparation workshops,Mum & Baby Yoga, Baby Massage.
Therapies available : Reflexology , Pregnancy Reflexology, Baby Reflexology Natural Labour Induction using relaxation, acupressure , reflexology and essential oils. Spinning babies techniques.
The information on this web site is kept up to date, but if you require any more information please feel free to phone or e-mail me.
Ie-mail : email@example.com. Phone or text: 087 9119617
Gift Vouchers are available for classes and therapies.